An overview of business and family passes in Singapore (2023)

dom»An overview of business and family passes in Singapore

Dive into our comprehensive guide and unlock the transformative power of business and family passes in Singapore. We go beyond scratching the surface to delve into the myriad of benefits these passes offer, while shedding light on basic eligibility criteria and the step-by-step application process. Learn more about EP, EntrePass, PEP, ONE pass, S Pass and much more!

Start reading

Contact us

An overview of business and family passes in Singapore (1)

As an ever-growing financial hub, Singapore offers a wide range of passes for foreigners, employees, business owners and families as a way to live and work in the country. In this guide, we've put together a comprehensive list of the most commonly used work and family passes, along with their associated requirements, steps, and benefits, so you can easily find what's best for you.

The Employment Pass (EP) is a visa that allows foreign professionals to work and live in Singapore and travel to and from Singapore via airport express lanes. This is a common type of work visa for managers, executives and specialized professionals. It should be noted that you will not be a direct candidate for the EP; instead your employer or employment agency will apply on your behalf unless you have a company in Singapore and your own company is applying on your behalf.

To be eligible, you must have a job offer from a Singaporean employer and a good university degree or professional qualification. In addition, you need a stable monthly salary of at least SGD 5,000 per month, but the actual advancement level is at least SGD 7,000.

Once your EP is approved, you will receive a letter authorizing you to come to Singapore and start work. It is sent to the company where you work and contains job details, validity period and your new Singapore Local Identification Number: Foreign Identification Number (FIN). The PE is initially only valid for one or two years, but can be extended once for a maximum of five years.

For more information see ourWork pass guide.

Entrepreneur pass

The Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) is for people who have already set up or want to set up a limited company that is supported by companies or has innovative technologies. The advantage of this pass is that you can apply for it before you register a new company. If the company is already registered, the company cannot be more than six months old at the time of application. The entrepreneur must have significant resources or experience in investing and driving the development of successful scalable businesses.

Unlike other work visas, the EntrePass does not require you to apply for a local sponsor. It offers the same benefits as an employee pass, including the ability to receive dependent passes for family members. Renewal will be on similar terms as long as the company meets the business objectives set out at the time of application.

For more information see ourBusiness card guide.

Personalized work subscription

As the name suggests, the Personalized Employment Pass (PEP) is designed to offer more flexibility than the EP. The pass is specially designed for high-income work pass holders and foreign professionals. However, these benefits mean that more eligibility requirements must be met. For example, current MEPs are expected to have paid a minimum wage of $12,000 per month in Singapore at a previous job; and foreign applicants receive the equivalent of S$18,000 per month abroad.

Unlike EP, PEP does not require anyone to apply on your behalf and you can change jobs in Singapore without having to reapply. However, one of the major drawbacks is that this pass makes it impossible to set up and run a business in Singapore. The pass is valid for up to three years, but cannot be renewed.

For more information see ourGuide to personalized subscriptions at work.

Overseas Experience & Network Pass

Introduced January 1, 2023, the Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass (ONE Pass) is designed to attract highly qualified professionals from a variety of industries, including business, arts, sports, technology and research. You can apply for this pass directly or ask an employment agency or employer to apply for it on your behalf. While it offers many benefits to its holders, this new visa has even stricter entry requirements compared to the others.

There are two different sets of criteria that can be met to qualify. The first consists of applicants earning a minimum monthly salary of $30,000. However, individuals with outstanding achievements in arts and culture, sports, science and technology, and research and academia can apply under the "Outstanding Achievement" track, which means they do not have to meet the minimum wage requirement. The pass is valid for up to five years, but can be extended.


The S Pass allows companies to recruit semi-skilled foreign workers in Singapore. To be eligible to hire S Pass holders, a company must meet the minimum wage requirement, which is SGD 3,500 for the financial sector and $3,000 for other sectors, and must pass a job market test. The wage level is higher for employees with a bachelor's degree than for employees with a diploma.

Unlike the other passes for skilled workers described above, only S Pass workers earning SGD 6,000 or more per month can bring their close relatives.

Work and holiday card

The Work Holiday Pass allows eligible students and young graduates aged 18 to 25 to stay and work in Singapore for 6 months. This pass is not limited to specific types of work, but any existing licensing, registration or qualification requirements for professions such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and architecture will still apply.

Those wishing to apply for this work visa must provide their ID, a letter from the university confirming their registration and name, and a copy of their student visa or passport. While processing your application, MOM may ask for other supporting documents.

official pass

The Dependent Pass (DP) is a pre-approved single entry visa that allows EP, EntraPass, PEP and ONE Pass holders to bring their spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 to live in Singapore. This pass is valid for the same period as the main pass. The PD application can be submitted with the master work pass or later after approval.

Dependent pass holders can apply for a job in Singapore in two ways. First, under the usual conditions, they can apply for the appropriate Class Work Pass (EP, S-Pass), which means they must first find a job and have a potential employer apply on their behalf. The second option is to start your own business and get written approval from MOM. In any case, they do not pay the same rate as other pass holders.

long-term residence card

If you are an expatriate worker in Singapore and you have an Employee Pass (EP), S-Pass or EntrePass, you may bring your spouse, stepson or disabled child to live with you in Singapore. This is possible if you apply for a Long Term Visitor Pass (LTVP).

You and your family members must meet certain criteria to be eligible for LTVP. For example, you must earn a fixed salary of at least SGD 6,000 and your family members must be "sponsored" by your employer, which usually means that the employer will include them in the application. In addition, you can take your parents with you if you earn at least $12,000 per month. The LTVP is valid for up to two years, but is renewable

To apply for LTVP, your employer or employment agency must submit a completed application form through the myMOM portal. They will then need to make sure your family meets all vaccination requirements and attend an interview with the Immigration and Checkpoints Office. This process can take at least three weeks.

Various worksheets

The Miscellaneous Work Pass is an essential requirement for foreigners planning to work in Singapore for a short period of time. This is especially useful for religious workers and foreign journalists.

To get a job pass, your employment agency or employer in Singapore must register with MOM at least two months before the planned travel date. It can take up to two months to process your application, so it's important to prepare in advance. The applicant must also include a letter of consent with the application stating that they agree to be sponsored or employed by a sponsor or employer in Singapore during their stay.

Foreigners with different passes can work in Singapore for up to 60 days. Those planning to work in Singapore on a long-term basis may consider applying for a Workers' Pass, an EntrePass or a Personalized Worker's Pass (PEP), depending on their circumstances.

Related Guides

An overview of business and family passes in Singapore (2)

How To Get The EntrePass In Sin...

We've put together all the information you need to know about the cost of registering a company, including…

baan in singapore

An overview of business and family passes in Singapore (3)

Singapore Employment Pass - everything you need to...

Planning to open a bank account but not sure about the process? So you came to...

baan in singapore

An overview of business and family passes in Singapore (4)

Singapore Personalized Work Pass Guide (P...

Are you considering moving to Singapore and looking for a job? Then a personalized employment subscription is...

baan in singapore

Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Prof. Nancy Dach

Last Updated: 04/27/2023

Views: 5259

Rating: 4.7 / 5 (57 voted)

Reviews: 80% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Prof. Nancy Dach

Birthday: 1993-08-23

Address: 569 Waelchi Ports, South Blainebury, LA 11589

Phone: +9958996486049

Job: Sales Manager

Hobby: Web surfing, Scuba diving, Mountaineering, Writing, Sailing, Dance, Blacksmithing

Introduction: My name is Prof. Nancy Dach, I am a lively, joyous, courageous, lovely, tender, charming, open person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.