Sunday: Cheap photos over the phone, editing apps, and history lesson
Technological basis of mobile photography The best photo editing apps for your phone or tablet How to take a good photo with a cheap phone
Saturday: Camera terminology and third-party apps
Understanding camera specs: resolution, pixel size, aperture and more View Pixel portrait photos with bokeh turned off This is the real reason third-party camera apps are so bad on Android
Friday: Pixel 7 Pro tips and do megapixels matter in phones?
Does the number of megapixels matter for smartphones? How to make a video call on android Top 7 Google Pixel 7 Pro cameratips
Thursday: Tips for photo editing, stabilization and pixel grouping
4 easy smartphone photo editing tips for beginners Everything you need to know about OIS vs. EIS in the smartphone camera module Why does the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra's 108MP camera take 12MP photos?
Wednesday: Pixel 7 tips, RAW photos and Pixel 6 guide
Google Pixel 7 camera tips: 9 tips for smartphone photographers Shoot and edit RAW photos on Android Google Pixel 6 Pro camera guide: What you need to know about telephoto quirks, sensor size and 'macro' mode
Tuesday: computer photography, backgrounds and the Samsung gallery
What is Computer Photography? 19 simple Samsung Gallery tips for great photos How to remove backgrounds from photos
Monday: Top Apps, Google Photos and Pixel 7 Camera Showcase
Google Photos tips and tricks The best Android apps for photographers Camera duel between Google Pixel 7 Pro and Pixel 7
Readers like you support Android Police. When you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.Read more.
Whether you live in the same city or thousands of miles away, video calling is the best way to stay in touch with loved ones. When the world went into lockdown in 2020, video calling allowed people to see family members, be virtually present at special occasions, andWorking from home.
Video calling has become an important and integral part of our lives and making video calls on Android is easier than ever. An Android smartphone can be customized in design and the user experience varies depending on the device manufacturer. That's why we show you three methods to make video calls on Android. regardless of whichbest android phonesyou can use any of these methods to make a video call.
POLICE VIDEO OF THE DAY ON ANDROID
SCROLL TO CONTINUE
Make video calls using the default Android phone app
Android users have long been able to make video calls on their phones using third-party apps. However, there was no way to make video calls using the stock Android phone app. Google is working to change that by integrating Google Meet (formerly Google Duo) into its dialer app.
Google Meet's integration into the default phone app makes it easy to video chat with anyone with an Android phone that supports the feature. If you are using this feature for the first time, you may need to complete some configuration steps. We'll walk you through the process with the step-by-step instructions below.
- To throwphone appon an Android smartphone.
- Open the contact you want to call.
- If you are using this function for the first time, please useinstitutionand follow the onscreen instructions to set up your video calling account.
- After completing the settings, tap the buttonVideobutton to start a video call.
If the other party hasn't set up their account, you'll see an option to invite them, which requires an account setup. If you don't trust them with the setup process, create a Google Meet they can join without creating an account.
Use Google Meet to make video calls on your Android phone
Google offered two video calling solutions: Google Duo and Google Meet. Google Duo was the default video calling app for casual users and Google Meet was the business calling solution. However, the company has bundled these services with Google Duo to move to Google Meet.
While the (original) Google Meet app still exists in the Play Store, the new Google Meet app (formerly Google Duo) is now the default video calling app and pre-installed on Android devices. If your phone doesn't have Google Meet integration in the default phone app, use the standalone Google Meet app for video calls on your Android device.
After the transfer is complete, if you haven't updated your Android device and apps for a while, you may see it as Google Duo on your phone's home screen.
- Begingoogle meeting(formerly Google Duo) on your Android smartphone.
- Your contact list is divided into two sections:Connect in MeetjInvite to a meeting.
- If the contact you want to call is enabledConnect in Meettap their name to start a video call.
- Start a Google Meet meeting to make a video call without inviting the other person. Then selectCreate a new appointmentchoice.
- Copy the meeting link and share it with the person you want to video call. Then tapJoin the meetingbutton to join the conversation.
Make a video call in the Telegram app
You can make video calls with Telegram and have fun with your friends and family. However, Telegram is not the most secure chat app, so follow our simple instructionsTips to use Telegram safely.
- To throwTelegramapp on android phone.
- Open the contact you want to call and tap the iconmenu with three dotsin the upper right corner.
- craneVideo callbutton to start the conversation.
How to make a video call on Android using WhatsApp
There are manyways to have a great WhatsApp experienceincluding video calling.
- To throwwhatsapp-appon your phone.
- Tap the contact you want to call.
- craneVideoicon to start a video call.
Video calls on Samsung phones
Samsung phonesThey offer different ways to make video calls. You can make video calls on your Samsung phone through the dialer, call screen, and contact info page. Google Meet is the default video calling app on Samsung devices that comes pre-installed on all Samsung phones.
Samsung also offers an integrated video calling service that works if both devices are Android. Video calling methods on Samsung phones may vary depending on your location and carrier, so some of these options may not be available.
- The easiest way to make video calls on a Samsung phone is to use a contact card. To video chat with someone, open that person in your contact list.
- craneVideoand you will see two options. Since Google Meet comes pre-installed on most Android smartphones, tapTo get to knowto make a successful video call.
- At the bottom, you will also see third-party video calling apps installed on your device. You can use them to make video calls from your Samsung phone if Google Meet isn't working.
- On supported devices and carriers, you can make video calls on Samsung phones during a call. craneVideo calland start the conversation.
- You can also make video calls using the phone dialer on Samsung devices. Select the number you want to make a video call with, tap the iconVideoin the lower left corner and selectTo get to knowOVideo callTo make a video call.
Connect with loved ones through video calls on Android
Whether you use the standard Google Meet app or apps like WhatsApp and Telegram, you can easily make video calls on your Android smartphone. Since these apps support group video calls, you can use them to connect with multiple people. If you prefer to use Google Meet, check out oursFavorite tips and tricks for Google Meetto enhance your video calling experience.